Highfield House is an attractive 4 bedroom detached home built we believe in the 1970’s. Construction is of red brick, with two Dorma windows, tile façade under a tiled roof.
The property has been much improved by the current owners to include a new boiler, hot water tank and water softener, en suite bathroom, family bathroom, WC, feature fireplace with wood burner, UPVC leaded light windows and smart solid wood Everest entry door.
The property sits back in its generous size gardens to include a heated swimming pool and various outbuildings.
Highfield House is situated in the picturesque village of Westbere, in an elevated position above the nearby Westbere Lakes and Nature Reserve with excellent country walks. The village also has a public house, church, village hall and wider facilities are offered by the village of Sturry which has a range of local shops, mainline railway station connecting to Canterbury and the coast and the highly regarded Junior King’s School at Milner Court.
Canterbury City centre, with its many cultural interests, excellent shopping centre, good selection of schools, colleges and universities both in the private and state sectors lies approximately four miles. There are good sporting amenities including swimming pools, sport centre, selection of golf courses and Championship cricket at the The Spitfire Ground St. Lawrence.
Connections are also good with Canterbury operating the high speed Javelin train from Canterbury West and motorway connections at the A2 linking into the M2 and M20 giving easy access to London, the Port of Dover, Ashford International railway station and the Channel Tunnel Terminal at Cheriton.
- Entrance Hall, spacious with stairs rising to the first floor, larder and cloaks cupboards, ceramic tile flooring, solid wood multi locking entry door.
- W.C., low level hand basin set into vanity unit, attractive tiling.
- Utility Room, stainless steel sink, worktops, cupboard housing hot water tank, gas boiler and water softener.
- Sitting Room, leaded light bay window with padded window seat, central exposed brick feature fireplace with wood burner, shelving and storage cupboards to either side, engineered oak flooring.
- Snug, double aspect, French doors opening into the conservatory.
- Conservatory, wooden construction with polycarbonate roof, doors opening onto the garden.
- Family/Dining Room, arch serving hatch to kitchen, leaded light windows to the front, laminated flooring.
- Kitchen, range of base and wall mounted cabinets, five gas ring hob, electric double oven, extra hood, ceramic
- tiled flooring.
- Landing, spacious, with leaded light windows, storage into eaves, lovely views out over the garden and farmland.
- Master Bedroom, fitted wardrobes, dressing table with nest of drawers, farmland views.
- En-suite Bathroom, roll top Victoria style bath on claw feet, separate shower cubicle, handbasin set in marble topped vanity unit, chrome fittings and towel ladder radiator.
- Study, fitted with desk, storage and shelving.
- Three further bedrooms
- Family Bathroom, bath tub, separate shower cubicle, twin china hand basins set in vanity unit, W.C., chrome fittings.
- Double Garage
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Garden, good size of approximately 0,521 of an acre.
The property is approached off Bushy Hill Road onto a gravelled ‘in and out’ driveway. The front gardens are laid to lawn with access to the double garage and side gate gives access to rear gardens.
The rear garden is just over half of an acre, being mainly lawn with a wealth of mature trees, shrubs, well stocked herbaceous borders, heated swimming pool, attractive sandstone sun terrace, personal door to garage, and various outbuildings.
Proceed out of Canterbury following signs for Margate and the A28. At the level crossing at Sturry, bear off to the right and continue along the road for approximately 3/4 of a mile. Turn right into Westbere Lane then follow the road into the village passing the ‘Ye Olde Yew Tree Inn’. Turn left onto Bushy Hill Road continuing straight and Highfield House will be found on the righthand side towards the top of hill.
- Services: Mains water, gas, electricity and drainage.
- Local Authority: Canterbury City Council
- Council Tax band (2020/21): “F”
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.