Only by internal inspection can one truly appreciate this exquisite three bedroomed, penthouse apartment. Set in an idyllic semi-rural location in the remarkable, grade II listed Holywell Hall, which dates back as far as 1866. The property is located in the sought-after, historical village of Holywell Green and would be ideal for the professional couple, with its various amenities. The property is conveniently situated within a short distance of the M62 motorway network, serving both Leeds and Manchester city centres and Halifax railway station, offering direct access to Leeds, Manchester and London.
The building has a grand entrance, and the apartments have many original features, reflecting the elegance and splendour of Holywell Hall comprising; Italian renaissance details, stepped frieze and original moulded coving, to name a few. This penthouse apartment is on a split-level and briefly comprises; entrance hall, kitchen, formal dining room with a glass roof, lounge which opens to a beautiful stone balcony area overlooking the stunning scenery, house bathroom, two bedrooms and a master bedroom with en suite facilities.
Holywell Hall benefits from stunning views of the local deer park, a private, gated entrance for the building’s residents, ample private parking and mature, lawned communal gardens. Originally the building was a mill owners’ mansion which was renovated and converted into 11 apartments commencing in 1979. Holywell Hall Management company was set up by the residents in 1996 for the day-to day running of the building and is owned by the residents. It is a stipulation of a deed of covenant that there are no children under 12 or pets.
VIEWING IS A MUSTBuilding Entrance
- The entrance to the building is flanked with original stone pillars, and a solid timber panelled door with glazed panels and arched glazed panel above opens to the entrance hall with Victorian style tiling throughout, high ceilings, coving, ceiling rose and ceiling light point.Building Hallway
- A mahogany door with ornate glazed insert opens to the inner hallway which has a an illuminated feature ceiling and a continuation of original features such as original coving to the ceiling, a ceiling light point. A staircase with polished oak handrail and wrought iron spindles leads to the first floor landing where there is a communal sitting area with lovely arched, sash style, floor to ceiling windows providing lovely views to the rear elevation.Apartment Entrance Hall
- A timber door opens to the bright and airy entrance hall where there is natural light from the side elevation via a glazed panel. There is coving to the ceiling, an intercom point and a radiator. From here access can be gained to the following rooms: -Bedroom One
- The master bedroom has two sash windows to the rear elevation, providing an attractive outlook along with natural light.
There are wall length fitted wardrobes with oak panelled doors, internal illumination, various hanging rails and shelving options, power points, a central ceiling light point and a radiator. A timber door leads to the en suite.En Suite
- This high-quality en suite has a low flush WC, pedestal hand basin with twin taps over, bidet and a roll-top bath with claw feet and Victorian-style handset to the showerhead. There is a walk-in shower area, home to a mains-fed shower. The walls are predominantly tiled with a contrasting tiled floor, with inset downlights to ceiling, a wall-mounted, heated towel rail/radiator, a further radiator and a large, arched, floor to ceiling, picture window providing lovely views to the rear elevation.Bedroom Three
- This good-sized double bedroom has boxed in beams to the ceiling, a Velux double glazed window, an under eaves storage area, power points, a ceiling light point and a radiator.Bedroom Two / Guest Bedroom
- As the floor plan suggests, the access to bedroom two is via the inner hallway. There is access to loft space, hanging hooks and access to the house bathroom (thereby acting as an en suite). The double bedroom has breath-taking views over the local deer park and beyond via an arched, sash style window to the side elevation. There are built-in wardrobes with various hanging rails and shelving options, drawers, a ceiling light point and a radiator.House Bathroom
- Having a modern, white suite comprising low flush WC, pedestal hand basin with twin taps over and a panelled bath with mixer tap rising to the showerhead. The walls are tiled with a contrasting slate tiled floor, with inset downlights to the ceiling, an extractor fan and a wall-mounted, chrome, ladder style heated towel rail.Lounge
- This well-proportioned, principal reception room has lots of natural light from two elevations via a Velux double glazed window and a circular porthole style window to the front elevation. A set of timber and double-glazed French doors lead onto the balcony where there is a breath-taking stone veranda to three elevations, providing outstanding views towards the deer park. Having boxed in beams to the ceiling, airing cupboard and additional storage is through the under eaves area. There are two radiators, various power points and a central ceiling light point.Formal Dining Room
- Stairs lead from the inner hallway to the formal dining room, which must be viewed to appreciate its light and airy feel due to banks of glazing across the roof. Additional light comes from several wall light points. There are two radiators and this room is open to the kitchen.Kitchen
- Having a range of modern base cupboards, drawers, granite-style roll-edge worktops with tiled splashbacks, matching wall cupboards and concealed lighting. With an array of integrated appliances including a Neff split-level hob and oven with overlying extractor hood, fridge and freezer and washer dryer. There are inset downlights to the ceiling and a telephone point.External Details
- A gated, crushed stone driveway leads to the parking area where there is ample parking for both residents and guests.
There are landscaped gardens sweeping across the front, along the side and to the rear, with established walled and fenced borders with trees and mature shrubbery.